Saturday, July 21, 2012

Storing Thread

Although I don't want a room full of plastic containers, I must admit they are handy to have for visibility of product and easy access.  These drawers are kept on a shelf in a bookcase near my sewing center.  I have them sorted by color and this system has actually worked pretty well for me.


I also have some specialty threads that I keep in apothecary jars.  They are pretty to look at and easy to find.



Here is a linky party for thread organizing plus Karen from Sew Many Ways shares her solutions and ideas so there is lots of eye candy and inspiration for even more thread storage here.


http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/2012/07/thread-organizing-linking-partyshare.html

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Great minds!! I just posted a link to Karen on my blog too.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

p.s. Guess what time of the month it is?

Quilter Kathy said...

I would like those little plastic drawers...keeps the dust off and you can organize by colour.

Jodi B. said...

I love your blog. I do love some organizing! I agree, sometimes clear plastic just works. Thanks for sharing your thread storage tips.
Jodi B